Tabs

Monday, December 15, 2014

Back From the Territories!!!

Hey all you Hexies!!!  Where have I been?  Well I have NOT been blogging.  I'm a bad bad bad Blogger!!  But well, it's my intention to do better.  So far, I continue making my "petals" but then I went to the Houston Quilt Show and bought this book.   It helped me find my stride and I've taken time away from "petal" production to begin to bring things together.....





That last diamond I think is NOT going in - the one that's all Reproduction fabrics - I have a bit of a collection of Reproduction Fabrics so I think I'll save that diamond for another project....It just doesn't meld with the others and I have so many other fabric choices that I think will do better in the mix.

Now I do really really hope that I'll get my Hexie Posting back on track.

Oh yes, I think here is a good place to wish everyone "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays"....hope y'all enjoy!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you are doing, welcome back! That book cover looks wonderful. I agree with your decision about that one diamond, though I do love the look of it by itself.

Mariella said...

Oh I'm going to make another one - just with my reproduction fabrics. I really love doing the hexagons!! and now I'm expanding my petals into units to be saved for future projects!

Thanks for your input!!!

liniecat said...

this is going to look wonderful : )

Mariella said...

Thanks Liniecat! Yes I'm excited to continue and I'm digging thru my stash to find new candidates for the project!! What fun!!!