Tabs

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Plugging along

Time for my check in! I managed to sew 8 more flowers this week, for a total of 52. I keep looking at completed (or in progress) quilt tops on flickr and I am itching to start putting the flowers together. I know that I need to wait until my flowers are done though, since my design idea is very "go-with-the-flow" and if I start sewing flowers together now, the quilt won't be balanced.  I am going to start sounding like Dori from Finding Nemo soon... "Just keep sewing, just keep sewing".




My hexagon color choices were starting to run low, and making the flowers wasn't actually freeing up enough hexagon papers for me to really get a stash of hexagons going again. Last night I cut a little over 300 papers, so I am ready to go again. 


I used whatever 12x12 card stock I had on hand, so these papers are colorful ones. :)

3 comments:

liniecat said...

Yummy flowers!
how do you cut your templates?
by hand or by Sizzix maybe?

Mommmmmm! said...

I have a Silhouette Cameo that I use to cut my templates (well, I use it for a ton of stuff, cutting templates is just one of them). If you do any other kind of crafting, I highly recommend the cutter! (I purchased a hexagon design from the silhouette store for .99 - it came with 6 different hexagons.)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could do that with my 2" ones! I'm going to have to buy some soon. I'll be looking on the shop hop this week, hoping to avoid postage. The ones you did are so colorful! I didn't even finish my *one* this week!