Tabs

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hexagons to triangles quilt

I finished this quilt a couple of years ago. It's made of black hexagons surrounded by mixed coloured half hexagons. I puzzeled the half hexagons so that it seemed like triangles in between the black hexies.


















You have to study it closely to understand how I did it. The hexagons are about 1 1/2". All the hexies are hand sewn, and hand quilted. Take a closer look at the quilting in the next picture.



















Hope this can inspire you to use all your small scraps, and make a real beauty out of them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea and a beautiful quilt!
Gun, Sweden

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this quilt! That must have taken a LOT of planning!

margaret said...

this must have taken for ever to do but so so worth it it is beautiful. I had a go on the Sizzix big shot machine the other day, it has a die that cuts hexagons, makes life very easy if doing a large piece, fortunately my daughter has the machine for her paper crafts so if I want to have a go only need to buy the die or maybe 2 one for the fabric and the smaller one to cut thr papers.

Grit said...

Wow, This quilt is amazing!!!!
Fantastic work and wonderful quilting.

Greetings Grit

Manuela said...

This Quilt is fantastic.
Great work. And your quilting is perfect.

Greetings, Manuela

Sarah said...

Hi Tubakk - I really like how you coordinated the center triangles. I didn't think of doing that on mine. Great quilting design as well...to follow it out to the borders.